Monday, August 02, 2010

More week 13

Also happening this week, was work on the deck on the south side of the house, out of the dining room. This one connects up with the screen porch. They needed to start this one so that they could get the siding done right.

This may simply look like a ceiling, but it is a primed ceiling. The taping, mudding and sanding got done by supper time Thursday, and so we started wiping dust off the walls, and on Friday and Saturday we primed ceilings.
Then on Saturday afternoon, before attending a wedding in the city, we went to Home Depot and bought ourselves some more work. We bought about 30 pails of paint, but I am excited to see color coming into the house, even though it will be a lot of work. We are looking forward to something we can do ourselves.

And then I went into the garden and saw more work in progress. I picked my first cucumbers, and also a bunch of apples off the tree in the garden. Relish and apple pie coming up. Wonder how I will manage to make relish in the RV?
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Amber. said...

You know I have offered my kitchen to you many times. Me & the girls can even leave the house for the day...

Love seeing you so happy about the paint :) Can't wait for your house to be DONE. You have waited a long time. You are one step closer with every paint stroke. Hooray!!

 
At 11:10 AM, Blogger Kara said...

I can't wait to see the color on the walls.

I hope you find a way to do all of your apple pie baking and relish making...yum.

 
At 7:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you are making lots of progress on your lovely home. Ron tells me that you are painting the walls already - wow! Sharon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home