Thursday, May 06, 2010

Yay for laundry!

Who would have thought that laundry could be exciting?! I never thought of it that way, but today I get to do laundry again, AT HOME, and with a new washer and dryer. RED ONES!! Pretty cool! We have not been running around in dirty clothes, thanks to those who let me come over to use their washer and dryers, but there is something to be said for being able to do your laundry at home. That was one of our priorities in trying to get our lives to some kind of normal again. I mentioned in a previous post about our laundry shack that we moved up near the RV. Well yesterday, it got the appliances it was intended for. We had ordered them 2 weeks ago, and got to pick them us yesterday. Kerry had been gathering plumbing supplies and last night Shaun came over and helped him get started with moving them in and doing the hookups. This morning, after gathering a few more supplies, and enlisting Erik's help this time, the job was finished. I could do laundry! I quickly got at sorting all that had accumulated in the past week, and toting my full washbasket went out to throw in the first load. I was excited !






My new washer and dryer in their temporary home!

Washer

Dryer. So far they seem to do a fine job and 2 loads are done already! I love it!

Then, because I was feeling so pumped about doing laundry, I decided to try my hand at baking cookies in the RV oven. Had to run over to the neighbours for some ginger first though. I thought I had bought some the other day but could not find it, and I looked in every cupboard a couple of times. First batch looks okay, hopefully they taste good too! Thanks Kim for gifting me with the recipe book that had my recipe in it. Oh the blessings of ordinary tasks and the equipment to do them ! Thank You God!!
Posted by Picasa

8 Comments:

At 10:51 PM, Blogger Lon and Pat said...

Way to go!! The machines look great and the cookies even better:)

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Amber. said...

I love the pure joy coming through in this post :) :) You are amazing. I have a lot to learn from you...on how to have a genuinely grateful heart through the challenges. Love you lots Mom!!

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Kara said...

Ooooh your washer set is so shiny. I love them. The cookies look pretty good too. Yeah for some normalcy.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Sabrina said...

LOVE the red. So fun! What a blessing to have some sense of life being normal and doing everyday things in your own space. Enjoy your clean clothes!!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Fit the Piece said...

I just love the joy I receive from ordinary, mundane everyday things & it must be more so for you.
Have a joyful & blessed Mother's Day.


Lillian

 
At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Sir Tom Eagerley said...

Hello.
You need to get out more!

 
At 4:23 PM, Anonymous Diane said...

I'm so excited for you Jo. This should make things a bit more convenient for you as far as laundry goes. Love the red. I'm glad that you can have these moments of joy in the midst of everything that you're experiencing. You guys have amazing attitudes and are always looking for the positive in every situation and continually keep praising God, through all the ups & downs. Love you and we're always praying.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Brandi said...

I think that's the same washer and dryer as my new set and I LOVE it! So glad to see that things are coming together for the new house, and that you are able to find contentment and blessings in the time while you wait. What an amazing testimony to your love for God.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home