Monday, April 19, 2010

This is my temporary home!

We are HOME! After 3 1/2 months we are back on our yard, but in a temporary home. We had an RV moved onto the yard, and it is standing on the cement pad where our garage was. It is not where I thought I would be sleeping and hanging my hat when I got home but it is good. It is good to be back on the yard again. It is good to have a place to call home . It is good to have our own space. It is temporary. When we were driving home we turned on the radio once in a while, and it seemed that every time we did that the song that we heard was a song by Carrie Underwood called "This is my temporary home." I like the song, but now that I think back, I wonder was God trying to prepare me for something? I keep thinking of this song when I look at our present lodging, and as I look forward to our next home, which should be more permanent. I am reminded though, that no matter where we live on this earth, it is still always our temporary home. God feels very close these days, we know he is giving us strength, and we pray for wisdom as we make our many decisions about our next home. God feels close in the love and caring we are getting from others, who drop by with gifts and baking, and give hugs and speak words of encouragement, whether we meet them at home, at church, or on the street or at the store or wherever we go. God feels close when he reminds me that my real home will be in heaven, this, good as it is, good as we hope it will be, is temporary. God feels close when he reminds me that I need to be thankful in this present situation, and in this present small home. Our RV as situated where the garage once stood. The wooden building will soon be our laundromat. We plan to get water and electricity hooked up, and then put in a hot water tank, and then go out and buy our new washer and dryer and put them there as well, and we will be set. I won't have to go somewhere else to do laundry! We may even put a freezer in there as well.

The other side of the house. There are two push-outs that give us more space inside.

Pictures of the inside. Starting from top left and going clockwise. The view of the living room and dining area when you walk in the door. My kitchen , which is compact, and has not much counter space, sad to say. One view of the back room, which has bunks and room for a desk for our lap top. Thanks to Shaun we are hooked up to the internet already, but I need to get my office set up with printer and copier so that I can keep on top of the paper work. Middle bottom shows the bedroom, which is mostly bed, but a comfortable one. There is closets above and on each side of the bed, and we can exit the bedroom on either side. The last picture is just the other side of the back room, where there is a shelving unit that will be great for storage. The bathroom, of which I have no picture, is a good size. The shower is pretty big and has a sky light, and when you are sitting on the potty, you don't bump your knees against anything. I am slowly collecting things so I should be able to do some cooking and stuff and so we are settling in here for about the next 4 months.


And so, life after the fire is moving on. We are working on house plans and hope to get things going soon on that front. I am still making lists of household contents, and still remembering more and more stuff that we had. The hole where our other house was is filled with dirt and all traces of it gone. Even the smokey smell is gone from the yard. The garden looks good and soon I think it will be time to start planting, maybe even today. Seeding is underway as well, the fields are in great condition for seeding and we had our earliest starting date for seeding ever. Yesterday we celebrated grandson Nolan's 1st birthday. God is good, and life is moving on!
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

At 10:32 PM, Blogger Char said...

Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you!
Thanks for the updates!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Dyck Family said...

I was wondering what your new home looked like! Thanks for posting pictures. Looks like you're being very innovative ie your laundromat! Jo, your attitude in all this is so encouraging. It's obvious God has a plan for you & I'm excited to see how it all plays out. Meanwhile, our thoughts and prayers are with you. Jody & I are coming to Rosenort on Friday. Can you join us for lunch at the tea room?

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Glad you have a "place" to stay in. Hope you get your new house soon. Can't imagine how sad it was to loose your house. The day i saw it on amber's blog i told my parents and they were caught off guard when i gave them the news. We are feeling for you and praying as well. I deffinately have some memories of my own to in that house playing with Kristy. Memories will last forever.

Praying lots.
Lisa

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Sabrina said...

Great to see some photos of the new 'home'. Trailers sure have stepped it up over the past few years! While not the ideal situation, it must be nice to be able to be on your yard and enjoy your garden.

Long before the fire we had a bird feeder we received as a gift that I have no use for (we have no place for it in our yard, and truth be told I hate the way it attracts squirrels). It's a nice little red house, and we had plans on sending it to you when you returned. Are you still filling your feeders - or should we wait till things are settled down in fall to get it to you?

Hope you're enjoying the sunshine, your yard, and the tons of people who love you close by.

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger kerry and jo said...

You can send it our way any time. WE can feed and watch the birds from the RV windows too. Thanks!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Brandi said...

What a beautiful post. It is amazing how you are finding blessings and ways to glorify God. We are thinking about you guys and praying for you. The trailor looks nice, though not as much room as you're used to. Hopefully you can find a way to make the kitchen work for all of your yummy baking! I'll be praying that you find all of the decision making with your new home easy and not too stressful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home