Thursday, November 28, 2013

Christmas Stockings---FINISHED!!!

 When our first grandchild came along over 8 years ago, I decided to make each one a personalized Christmas stocking that would stay at our house, and get filled by Gramma and Papa every Christmas.  I was all caught up before the fire, but since then, I had to start over, and the grandkids kept coming.   One year I made 2 stockings, then last year I made 6 more and this year I finished up with 2 more.  Colby arrived for Christmas last year but he was too small to know that his stocking wasn't done yet.  This year he can look and see what is in his too. 
 Then almost 2 months ago, grandchild #10 arrived and so she had to have a stocking too.  I finished that one yesterday, but I think she will be too little to be impressed  this Christmas.  But I am done, it has been fun and not sure what project will fill up my evening hours now, but unless someone surprizes us with another baby, this was likely the last one I will make.      Now to find a place to hang 10 stockings........
 
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Anonymous Rogers' Family said...

They are beautiful! They will love them forever :).

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Fit the Piece said...

Such beautiful work! Each one stitched with such love & care that your grands with appreciate them for many years to come.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home