Friday, June 21, 2013

Time at my sewing machine

 Because the spring was a bit slower around here, I had time to get into my fabric stash and do some fun things.  I  made a couple of rag blankets out of flannel , just to have ready for baby gifts as needed.  They are fun to sew and once I got started came together quickly.  This one will be going to a little boy, the first grandson of some good friends of ours.  The mother of this little boy grew up with our daughter.

 On this next blanket I tried something new, for me anyway.  Instead of the same old style for the rag quilt I added some sashing in between some of the blocks.  I felt the quilt needed something else and so I decided to add the brown sashing and I really like how it turned out.  It was fun and I loved seeing how it came together.  Felt good to be a little creative again. This blanket may be saved for the next little girl to come along in our family :)  

 On a less creative side, I also got my mending basket emptied out and did some mending for the kids and grandkids.  Nothing has changed, jeans still get holes and need mending.  I also got started on another baby quilt that I had wanted to do for a long time.  I will post some pictures soon, I have the top done, and now to the finishing part.  We will see how soon that happens, summer is not the best time for a lot of sewing time.  I also have a quilt ready for binding.  I pieced it before Christmas and handed it off to the quilting committee at church for quilting in winter.  They didn't get to quilting till April so I got to help with that too, and now it is back in my possession to finish, and then it will be donated to our local MCC relief sale in September.  I will try to post some pictures of that one too before I hand it off.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home