Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hiking

A week or so ago, we enjoyed having Lon and Pat here to visit us. We had a good time showing them around and introducing them to Palm Springs. One of the things we did was go up the mountain on the aerial tram. There was snow at the top(which none of us really missed) but we enjoyed the time up there.


The snow up there was deep but crusty and so we were able to walk around on top of it. Kerry dared me to go barefoot but I said only if he would, so we both did. My feet with their pretty pink nails (thanks Kristy) made for an interesting photo.






One Sunday we met with Rudy and Jo, and Larry and Sandi and did some hiking at Indian Canyons. We had a good time hiking through the palm trees and then up and over the mountains. Later on we rewarded ourselves with ice cream. The second photo shows us on top of the mountain, hugging one of the LARGE trees that grow up there. They are very big around and very tall. The third picture is taken from the tram, coming down the mountain.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 PM, Blogger Amber said...

You're posting again! That's great! Glad it works. I just rewarded myself with coconut icecream in a waffle cone. Not sure what I did to deserve that reward, but it was tasty!!

Erik rewarded himself with 4 different animal varieties for dinner. Shrimp, lamb, duck and beef....blech. I stuck with the salmon. Never a shortage of meat around these parts.

 
At 8:36 PM, Blogger Amber said...

Oh man, Erik is laughing at my choice of words. Take it as you will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home