Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tomatoes

The tomatoes are finally ripening and we have been enjoying toasted tomatoe sandwiches for a couple of weeks now. Some of the tomatoes are growing to be a good size and so I thought I would show off a little.
Here are four of the biggest ones we have picked thus far. They all weigh over a pound.
This is a picture of the biggest one. As you can see, one slice would cover and hang over the edges of a piece of bread, pretty much fill up the plate which is a small corelle plate.

Here it is shown in a cereal bowl.

And here you can see the proof, that it weighed in at 1 lb. 14.8 oz! Pretty impressive I would say. Kristy and I just spent the afternoon making 24 pints of salsa, but this baby didn't get thrown in the pot just yet. Maybe we'll savor it in a sandwich or maybe it will be used when I make pizza sauce. Either way, it will get put to good use, and enjoyed.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger Lon and Pat said...

That's a whopper! Umm speaking of whopper, I could eat one about now.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Amber said...

whoa! tomato on steroids!! that's a beauty :) enjoy!

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Scott and Kim said...

Nice tomatoes...It makes me want to go eat some of ours!

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Kara said...

That's quite the tomato. Nice work. I hope the harvest season continues to go well for you guys.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home